Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Making your Home a Haven


This has always been one of my goals as a mother and wife. What better way then to show your family you adore them, then to create a place where they can be safe from the world. Now, I am not the world's best housekeeper. Because of chronic pain issues and just plain laziness I have had a messy house before! But this post is not about keeping your home clean. It is about keeping your home a haven, by always having the Spirit there. One of my absolute favorite books in the entire world, " 250 Ways to Connect with your Family " by Melodie Webb ( I WILL interview her someday, I just know it!!!) suggests so many ways throughout the entire book on how to make your home a haven. There is an entire chapter in it dedicated to making your home a sacred place. Let's think about that for a minute. There are so many ways to word how I want my home to be, how I want it to feel. Home is a haven. Home can be a Heaven on earth. A Sacred place. When I think of home as a haven, I think comfort, safety, and peace. I think lots of books, blankets, and candles. Soft church music or classical music playing. Strong walls to keep the world out. Look around at how you have your home decorated. Are there pictures of the Savior throughout your house? What about temples? This is actually a lead in post, because it will become one of the "topics" that we discuss here on LDS Parenting. I want your opinions and we will be posting many more things on this topic. How to achieve this goal. I know Im constantly still working on it. But here is just some food for thought. What do the words "haven" and "sacred" mean to you, as they apply to your own personal home ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It helps me to know what to write about, what you like and what you don't like! Have a fantastic family day! :) Love, JL