Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Family Council

     I came across the most amazing resource for LDS Parents, a neat guide sheet to Family Councils and Personal Interviews. I will admit, this is something I am NOT good with! I guess since I homeschool and am with my children 24/7 I feel like having Family Council and Personal Interviews is just not something right up there importance wise. I truly changed my way of thinking after reading “ A Mother’s Book of Secrets” By Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier. LOVE THEM!!!

     Anywho… they have a chapter called “ Five-Facet Review”. What a wonderful gold mine! I love this idea. Basically it is an in depth conversation between mother and father, about how each child is doing. You go over five facets of their lives.. Physically, Mentally, Socially, Emotionally, and Spiritually. You pray and discuss these five points for each child. Then you are ready to go into the Personal Interview with them. I highly recommend reading this book, not only are they parenting super heroes… but the pictures are gorgeous!

     Ok, on to the guide sheet for Family Council and Personal Interviews. I found that HERE. What a neat blog by the way, I can’t wait to read the entire thing! Here is a cheat sheet for parents! How great is that!

     Alright parents, let’s discuss this. I need some help and will be doing our first ever Family Council, Personal Interviews and Five Facet Review. What are some good ideas from you guys ? What helps? What doesn’t work ?

     Happy Parenting! Love, JL~

family council

Personal Interview

book of secrets

You can purchase this book HERE

No comments: