Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Year of F.H.E. !!!

 

fhe

My new years resolution ( well one of them!) is to hold Family Home Evening each week!!! A friend of mine sent me to this site : www.ayearoffhe.blogspot.com and I am in love!!! I contacted the owner and she is fantastic!! I asked her a few questions and was thrilled to get a response back and I want to share it with you! Make sure you check her site out, you will be inspired to hold FHE and man, she does all the work for ya!!!

Interview with Emilie Ahern

1. What are FHE's like at your house? Like most families they vary. Sometimes they are pretty successful and other times we think about renaming it "Family Home Screaming". When it's not going well, we condense it and keep it short, but my husband and I always bear our testimony...no matter what.

2. Why did you start the blog?
I started it in 2010 as a goal towards our family having 100% FHE in that year and to share it with our extended family which we live VERY far away from. And although I did write 52 Lessons, we did not meet our goal that year. Like every other family we forget, struggle, get busy and de-prioritize FHE. But writing the blog has definitely helped us do better. I only intended to write it for 1 year, but as I started getting positive comments and sincere emails from readers I realized that this was a way I might use my talents to help others and so I have continued, even when it was hard.

3. What is the biggest blessing your family receives from holding regular FHE's?
So many. Besides teaching gospel principles to our kids I truly see a difference in our family's interactions with each other when we are holding consistent FHE. My husband and I get to bear our testimonies to each other and our children which brings the Spirit into our home (which, believe me, can be fleeting. We have 3 drama-filled little girls). And, on a selfish level, I feel a lot of personal satisfaction, as if I am actually doing something right as a parent. My kids are at the age where they actually love FHE and I feel like if we keep going during this time that we will be more successful when they get old enough to not like it so much (like in 2023 when we will have a 17 year old, a 15 year old and a 12 year old girl). Oh boy.

 

Isn’t she fantastic??? Go , quick, check out the site! www.ayearoffhe.blogspot.com !!!!!!!

Happy Parenting! Love, JL

No comments: