A fun and easy spring activity for your family to do is to make an terrarium!
Making a terrarium helps kids to learn about ecosystems, the water cycle, even food chains and animal habitats, depending on how complicated you make your terrarium. I am going to include directions for making a simple terrarium. It would be super fun to look into making a more “fancy” terrarium!
Gather your supplies :
* You can use a mason jar, an old aquarium, or basically any glass jar
* Stones ( I think it would be fun to use aquarium stones that are colorful!)
* Plants ( grab some plants at Walmart or Lowes- cheap!!
* Moss ( look around the shady areas of your yard…. you might be surprised how much you can find!
* Figurines ( cheap dollar tree figurines are great! )
* Begin by placing a nice layer of stones on the bottom.
* Fill the terrarium container halfway with soil , on top of the rocks.
* Add your plants!
* Layer with more soil and add your moss and the figurines!
Ta-da! You have a cute terrarium and can teach your children more about our beautiful world!