Monday, May 29, 2017

FHE~ Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty






I wanted to include this video at the beginning of our FHE on Captain Moroni and The Title of Liberty. This man is trying to raise funds to produce a movie on Captain Moroni and the war etc and after you watch the video I feel like you will truly understand why a movie like this would be such a huge thing for the world. People will see the movie, will feel the emotions and learn about the two ancient tribes fighting etc ~ all from the Book of Mormon. Then they will want to know more. They will then read the Book of Mormon. What an incredible idea this man has. The Title of Liberty is me and my husband's favorite Book of Mormon story together and the thought of getting to go to a movie theater and watch it play out... just gives me goosebumps. You can follow the updates on the movie here : REIGN OF JUDGES MOVIE FACEBOOK PAGE    ~ OK ! On to our Family Home Evening ! Love, JL~ 







Last night for FHE we did a simple lesson and activity on Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. I Wanted to share it with you because it is an easy, meaningful lesson you can do. :) 

Prayer
Song ~ I Will be Valiant - Childrens Songbook page 162
Lesson ~ 
Read the account of Moroni and the Title of Liberty ~ I started in Alma 46 and read verses 1- 21 ( I stopped at " rending their garments in token, or as a covenant, that they would not forsake their God " 
even Lily , our one tooth bulldog, gets excited for FHE ~ she has the very important role of keeping daddy's spot in the Scriptures with her paw ! ;) 


Discuss the meaning of these verses, discuss how 'The Family ~ A Proclamation ' is our Title of Liberty in these days, etc. 

Activity ~ get white bandanas ( I got mine at Walmart for 97 cents each ) one for each family member or just kids, and have them write or draw the Title of Liberty on them with sharpies. They can decorate them however they wish ~ my daughter Marlee actually wrote The Family ~ A Proclamation on hers alongside the Title of Liberty ( I didn't get a pic - I wish I had now !! ) They can display these in their rooms :) 



Prayer
Treat ~ any yummy treat that you have available :) Nice and easy !!! 

What will you be doing for FHE tonight ?? :) 

Happy Parenting ! Love, JL~