Friday, July 15, 2011

Modern Proverbs 31 Woman

modern proverbs woman

 

So I was reading in the Bible about the Proverbs 31 woman. I had found some neat things that kind of took the verses and broke them up and made them more “modern”. I thought I would share a little of what I had found. Now, of course us women are never going to be this perfect woman. But you have to admit, some of the ideas are so neat, and we should all strive to be the best momma and wife and woman of zion we can be. Now remember, I’m paraphrasing, etc. and you NEED to go to the KJV of the Bible and read this. This is just a little fun activity, a “modern” type thing. I hope you don’t find me irreverent, but I like to look for the joy in things. Sometimes I feel guilty that I will never be the REAL Proverbs 31 woman. But I can do some of this stuff!!  So it’s written with humor, but also holds true. Im not saying we have to do all of this, it’s just a fun little activity, to make us all feel good about ourselves! One more time everyone- go read the KJV of this and pray about it to see how YOU can be your very own modern Proverbs 31 woman!!

Proverbs 31 verse 10:

An excellent wife is hard to find! You can’t buy her fancy sports cars or bling. Her inner beauty is worth so much more than money can buy.

Proverbs 31 verse 11:

Her husband completely trusts her with all of his things. Even his favorite ratty BYU sweatshirt. He knows she won’t drain the bank account. He knows she won’t spend the entire amount on the Old Navy credit card ( umm… no comment). She scrimps and pinches and is an extreme couponer!

Proverbs 31 verse 12:

She is devoted to her man. She responds to his love. She lives for his happiness.

Proverbs 31 verse 13:

She decorates the house and makes their home a haven. She keeps the house tidy and cozy. When she mops the floor, her heart has a song in it and her lips have a prayer! ( I totally need to try this, although I think a bit of cinderella singing while she scrubs the floor. I need a bandanna for my hair.)

Proverbs 31 verse 14:

She shops wisely. She loves the farmers market. She gets the best deals in the land and provides well-balanced meals for her family and serves them attractively.

Proverbs 31 verse 15:

She rises early in the morning ( another thing I need to work on!) She serves a good breakfast for her family and then starts her morning carpool to school and such.

Proverbs 31 verse 16:

She holds Tupperware home parties, sells AVON or possibly Pampered Chef, in other words, she’s a real go-getter and with her earnings she helps pay for her children’s tuition to the best schools. ( she’s obviously SUPER good at what she does with the home jobs!)

Proverbs 31 verse 17:

She goes to ZUMBA! She exercises her body and stays physically fit and strong!!

Proverbs 31 verse 18:

She can tell when her muscles are well-toned and she’s looking hot, because she can actually keep up with all her kids!!!

Proverbs 31 verse 19:

She picks up her needlepoint when she sits down and keeps her hands busy. I really need to learn how to do needlepoint. Or darn socks. Or something like that.

Proverbs 31 verse 20:

She makes time to volunteer. She helps the needy. She makes the worlds best casseroles and funeral potatoes. She cares for sick neighbors and members of the church. She does her visiting teaching!

Proverbs 31 verse 21:

She is always a season ahead. She can hit up the walmart end of season clearance sales and have her entire family fitted for warm winter clothes before the first snowflakes begin to fall.

Proverbs 31 verse 22:

She selects her clothing carefully, she is the true modest woman. she is not seen outside her home with curlers in her hair etc, and she doesn’t dress to gain attention either.

Proverbs 31 verse 23:

Her husband is a very respected businessman.

Proverbs 31 verse 24:

She operates a ladies boutique ( otherwise known as a yard sale) from her home and sells some of her lovely things she has created.

Proverbs 31 verse 25:

She is very confident and full of charm and grace. She always faces her future with hope and joy.

Proverbs 31 verse 26:

She studies the word of God, she speaks with wisdom and knowledge. She uses Christ’s life as an example of kindness to others. ( I really like this one :)

Proverbs 31 verse 27:

She manages her home and doesn’t sit around all day and watch soap operas. (or dr phil. ) She doesn’t sit around idly and chat on the phone or play games. ( I should def work on this one. )

Proverbs 31 verse 28:

Her children love and respect her. Her husband sings her praises!!!!

See, she is an awesome woman! But then again, we all are awesome women! But I still have a lot to learn . Do you see yourself in this at all? I hope you do! If not, let’s all try to work harder to be the Proverbs 31 woman. We are soooo worth it!

************************************************************************************

JL Kaylor is owner of www.ldsparenting.blogspot.com she stays at home with her 3 beautiful babies, homeschools them, loves to write and read and blogs about her everyday life at www.momtothreebabies.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

LOL. I love it. Only I make the worlds worst casseroles so I'm pretty sure I don't measure up. haha. I want to enter your drawing! You already know my email! :)

I'm going to blog about your blog on my blog to help you spread the word! Have a great weekend.

Abigayle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

This is so cute, and honestly helped put the verses in perspective for me! Thank you!

jl said...

Thank you ! I thought it was fun and a bit silly ! We have to be able to laugh and have fun...yet i truly adore these verses ! I definitely want to be like "her " !!