Friday, December 30, 2011

Setting up a family blog

family blog

It seems like everyone has a blog these days! They are an easy way to keep up with family, and to keep your family record for posterity. There are even great websites that print your blog into books so you can keep them with your family history! Some people balk at the idea though, they worry it will be to hard. Here are some great sites and resources to help you set up a family blog! It’s much easier then you think!

There are quite a few free blog sites to set up your blog. I use www.blogger.com and I have a lot of friends who use www.wordpress.com and www.typepad.com . Just follow the easy directions to get started with the actual blog. Choose a fun title for your blog and off you go!

To really fancy up your blog I suggest using www.thecutestblogontheblock.com I adore this site! I use it for my blogs. Once again the directions are easy and its free!

Do you wonder what to write about? Anything you want! You can set it up by date, such as , this is what we did today as a family. You can write about topics, things that are important to you and your family. You can just post tons of pictures and write captions! It is up to you!

One of my favorite things to do is to go check out other people’s blogs. We have quite a few good ones listed here on LDS Parenting and one of my favorite ever places is www.mormonmommyblogs.com There are hundreds of blogs there!!!!

Good luck!! Enjoy!

No comments: