Monday, May 20, 2013

Helping Children to not be Afraid in times of Natural Disaster

As I sit watching the news coverage of the tragic tornado that ripped thru Oklahoma, I can't help but wonder, are the children scared? Are the angels there, holding them so they are not afraid? How do we as parents protect our children and help them to feel safe?

As I prayed, I remembered an article from the Ensign that greatly helped me, as we were going thru a particularly rough time as a family, with close loved ones passing away, chronic illnesses and more. I wanted to share this article with you as a reminder. Please pray for those in Oklahoma. Pray for those all over the world who may be scared. Pray for the precious children.


http://www.lds.org/ensign/2011/02/helping-children-feel-safe?lang=eng



Happy Parenting, Safe Parenting, Love, JL~

No comments: