Thursday, July 14, 2011

Service Project For Families

 

serve one another

 

Another awesome intro post for a category/label that will deal with different service opportunities for families to do together.

While looking at the church’s website, I like to check out the humanitarian section. Today I came across some specific things that the church is looking for! Here is the list:

Current Needs at the LDS Humanitarian Center

As the Church responds to humanitarian needs worldwide, the need for specific types of donations varies. Currently, the items listed below would be most beneficial:

Updated: June 2011

  • Girls’ dresses, sizes 6-16
  • File folder games
  • Quiet books
  • Hand puppets
  • Burrito babies
  • Wood blocks
  • Baby bibs
  • Drawstring bags (12”x12”)

 

I was thinking that we could all focus on just one item….. and use a FHE night or just a fun evening or weekend activity and work on stuff as a family, then get the spiritual high and blessings of donating it! I am thinking the file folder games and quiet books for my family. The internet is FULL of ideas!! I will post some here, but seriously, google it people!

When you have stuff ready, the address you can mail it to is:

Latter-day Saint Humanitarian Center
1665 South Bennett Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Telephone (801) 240-5954
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday

It looks like you can also take them to the nearest Deseret Industries or if you’re like me and live in the middle of nowhere, the nearest bishops storehouse. Ok, so I’m going to post a some links to some cute file folder games and quiet books?? Have fun!!!! This category will be full soon, as I adore service projects!

Link for File Folder Games:

http://greenjellowithcarrots.com/products/index.php?keyword=file+folder+games&Search=Search&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Can I just jump in here real quick and tell you how very much in love I am with the website greenjellowithcarrots.com ??????? LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Link for Quiet Books:

http://www.theideadoor.com/Printables/how_to_make_an_lds_quiet_book_by.htm

How cool is this??? The woman who wrote the book is actually letting people use the patterns for free!!!! Amazing service, and oh yeah, I love theideadoor.com how cool are they?

Happy Service Project Everyone!!!!

No comments: